The key responsibilities of the role are to;
- Work with General Manager Commercial and Risk and Commercial Manager UGL Australia to ensure standard UGL approach to all commercial contract and risk management is applied.
- Prepare all subcontract terms and conditions for Project Managers.
- Support the UGL team in commercial and contractual matters.
- Support negotiations of contract terms.
- Prepare financial analysis for Project Managers to support decisions as requested.
- Support or as required lead proposal / tender preparation.
- Review and commercial stewardship of all alliance relationships and joint ventures.
- Proactive analysis and support in cost control initiatives and develop proposals to optimise business performance.
- Review all tender terms and conditions and develop strategies to optimise UGL Resource’s contracts.
- Prepare / manage sub-contract and supply agreements in support of Project Managers needs.
- Work in conjunction with Finance Manager to manage and control the accounts and administration sections to ensure that standards of quality, cost, safety and performance are observed and that time schedules are met.
- Review costs and take corrective action if significant deviations from budget occur or are forecast to occur. Report regularly to Chief Executive SEA on commercial matters.
- Assist in negotiations for approval of variation claims and maintain variation and other adjustment registers and records.
- Formulate and administer approved general accounting practices to ensure accounting, financial and operating reports accurately reflect the conditions of the business and provide reliable information for control and management purposes.
- Review financial and operating statements of departments and projects and prepare reports for management review.
- Ensure all commercial staff are trained and competent to achieve position objectives and demonstrate initiative in the conduct of their position.
- Cooperate with and assist external auditors as required.
- Work in conjunction with Finance Manager to prepare special accounting reports and cost statements as required.
- Ensure activities related to the function comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
- Teamwork/Collaboration; Working effectively with team/work groups or those outside formal line of authority (eg. peers, senior managers) to accomplish organisational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contribution of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organisation or team.
- Delegation of Authority/Responsibilities; Allocating decision-making authority and task responsibilities to subordinates; utilising subordinate’s’ time, skills and potential effectively.
- Quality Orientation/Attention to Detail; Accomplishing tasks through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; maintaining watchfulness over a period of time.
- Safety Awareness; Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
- Technical Knowledge; Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical skills/knowledge in job-related areas; keeping abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Communication; Expressing ideas effectively in writing or verbally in individual and group situations (including nonverbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Customer Service Orientation; Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen to and understand the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Analysis/Problem Assessment; Securing relevant information and identifying key issues and relationships from a base of information; relating and comparing data from different sources; identifying cause-effect relationships.
- Negotiation; Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties’ support and acceptance.
- Innovation; Generating creative solutions to work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with organisational problems and opportunities.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying and/or Engineering desirable
- Extensive experience in managing contracts, accounting and administration.
- AS 9001 or similar quality systems knowledge; Leadership qualities; Excellent verbal and written Communication skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels.
Interested applicants are requested to apply online.
UGL (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (7592-A)
Only short-listed candidate will be notified for interview.
Why Join Us?
Malaysia - Selangor
Min 5 years (Manager)
View Larger Map / Directions
Jalan 19/3, Seksyen 19, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia