Senior Legal Counsel
- To provide legal advice, legal services and support the company’s management team and all functions, on matters relating to core business and non – core activities of both Insurance and Takaful Business (Life and General).
- To supervise appointed panel legal firms and external lawyers for assigned legal services, in order to ensure sound management of the legal issues relating to business operational activities of the company, and at the same time the proper fulfillment of all the corporate and administrative formalities.
- To review or undertake revision on specification of products to be developed at the Product Development Committee (PDC).
- To identify any legal issues / area of concern to the respective business units.
- To analyze the legal issues raised by the respective business units relating to specific distribution channel or activities concerning a sales channel.
- To propose / recommend the strategic solutions to address the identified legal issues of the respective sales channels to relevant business units.
- To review the terms and conditions of the legal documentation and condition and legal documentation to be entered between the company and any third party vendor as and when required by the respective business units.
- To ensure all required terms and conditions as per the application operational guide, contract guideline or manual (whichever applicable) for ICT and Non- ICT agreement are incorporated into the contract document and agreement with the appointed vendor.
- Review the trend of past or existing legal disputes and/or legal issues relating to any legal documents pertaining to operational business activities of the company. Identify the areas of the company’s operational activities which are deemed susceptible to give rise to legal disputes/issues.
- To participate and contribute to special project teams including various ad-hoc legal assignments from time to time for Mayban Ageas Holdings Berhad.
- To conduct research or studies on special areas of law/legal matter as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Legal.
- To prepare formal correspondence for the division such as memoranda, correspondence and other documents as when necessary or as directed by the head of Legal Division.
- Minimum LLB Hons. Minimum 5 years experience in related field.
- Sound knowledge on contracts and Business Laws.
- Past experience in Insurance and /or Takaful Industry is an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Possess good communication and managerial skills.
Why Join Us?
Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur - Bangsar
Min 5 years (Senior Executive)
View Larger Map / Directions
1 Jalan Maarof, Bangsar, 59000 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia