Assistant Manager, Underwriting
- To help the manager in term of strategic planning – to prepare a business plan or Framework for Action for the assigned minor line(s) each year identifying growth opportunities, new business segments, new product opportunities to support growth objectives.
- To help the manager on research and develop new products and initiatives to meet changing customer needs in the market place.
- To develop and maintain solid working relationships with all major clients, agents, brokers and other stakeholders.
- To identify business opportunities for the department and cooperate on cross-minor line activity to support the department’s cross marketing strategy.
- To actively engage in broker/agent development plans so that the department gains the maximum share of available profitable income from key/potential producers.
- To approach relevant producers in order to secure submissions for accounts within the pipeline.
- As part of the marketing strategy, the candidate should help the manager to develop marketing plan with the Agency team when he/she are required to do so. Provide training and sales support to agency, undertake field visit when needed.
- Maintenance of underwriting discipline and adherence to authority; referral of all accounts which fall outside of his/her authority to colleagues in the profit centre whom have authority, the Manager, relevant Regional or NY referral point.
- Ensure adherence to corporate guidelines as well as corporate, regulatory and legal compliance strictures
- Provision of excellent customer service to producers, including timely quotations, policy issuance and communication
- Helps the manger to carry out budget process in accordance with company guidelines.
- Prompt and timely advice the manager on New Business and Renewal negotiations on accounts that the PC identifies at risk.
- Comprehensive knowledge and utilisation of e-Smart, e-Start, S3B and all other supporting strategic systems utilised to support business development/profit centre operation.
- The candidate will have operational responsibilities extend to creating and managing an excellent relationship with colleagues in other departments, including Claims, CSG, F&A, O&S, Legal, and any other service centre, furnishing them with such assistance as is required to enable them to perform their functions.
- Tertiary education in any discipline or equivalent insurance qualifications
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in underwriting. Working experience in financial institution/legal/finance/audit/ insurance environment will be an advantage.
- Self-starter with strong financial statement analysis, presentation, communication and marketing skills
- Reliable team player with a willingness to learn quickly.
Why Join Us?
Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur - Bukit Bintang
Min 5 years (Senior Executive)
View Larger Map / Directions
Level 18, Menara Worldwide, 198, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia