- Responsible in planning, directing, managing, monitoring, controlling and coordinating the architectural works and progress in order to achieve timely completion of the project according to approved specifications, legislation requirements are met and costs without compromising quality.
- To resolve technical problems and contractual issues encountered on site to avoid any possible delay and conflicts & to produce construction drawing details to supplement construction when necessary.
- Ensure architectural quality management throughout the project and efficient coordination of works, duties and responsibilities amongst consultants and site personnel.
- To implement & enforce quality control & ensure that correct construction methods & sequencing is adopted on site.
- Quality control of contractor's performance with respect to specified materials, workmanship and construction details. Ensure that inspection of all materials and works are being carried out in good workmanship and in accordance with the drawings, specifications, standards and procedures
- To attend meeting & to assist project manager to review & advice on architectural issues, ensure compliance to design objectives & design quality.
- To check construction drawings, drawing details, shop drawings, specifications & as built drawings, ensure compliance with design interest, cost effective design & minimal discrepancies on drawings.
- To coordinate/liaise with consultant architects, engineer, builders, contractors, etc in order to ensure no delay in construction work caused by either drawing discrepancy or missing information.
- Prepare site diary and verify daily reports and progress reports that are submitted by the contractors / subcontractors.
- To monitor site progress in relation to stage completion for billing.
- Head, arrange & delegate site supervision team (architectural) & set up procedure for inspection & enforcement of quality control.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree in Architecture (minimum equivalent to LAM Part II).
- Must have a minimum of 5 years hands-on and relevant experience as a Resident Architect in high end high-rise residential and commercial (shopping centre / office & hotel) buildings development/construction projects.
- Experience in all duties of Resident Architect at site including checking & approving submittals by contractors, QA/QC of works, coordination between various disciplines/contractors to ensure construction quality and design compliance of high-rise development.
- Knowledge of local best practices and building codes in design and delivery of large scale projects.
- Well versed in the uniform building laws and regulatory requirements.
- Sound knowledge of contractual procedures, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Self discipline, responsible, self motivated and dynamic personality.
- Good interpersonal skills with leadership qualities and communication skills to effectively interact with client, consultants, contractors and authorities.
- Sound engineering knowledge and practical engineering experience in construction works.
- Have eye for details and meticulous in enforcing high standards.
- Analytical and organized with strong technical, implementation and planning skills.
- Excellent project and time management abilities.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to achieve targets through teamwork and collaboration.
- Required skill(s): AutoCad, Microsoft Office and MS Project with good command in both written and verbal English and Bahasa Malaysia. Spoken Chinese Language is advantage.
- The selected candidate will be required to commence work on short notice and will be given a competitive inclusive remuneration package, commensurate of the candidate’s experience & qualifications.
- Able to work overtime when required by schedule.
- Able to relocate where accommodation is provided for outstation employees.
An established property developer group (with their own in-house construction arm) involved in huge mixed-use development high-rise projects are currently looking for a highly caliber, creative, energetic and experienced Resident Architect.