MMC Corporation Berhad and Gamuda Berhad are among Malaysia’s largest infrastructure companies with sterling track records in the construction of highways, ports, airports, bridges, townships and railway lines both locally and abroad.
MMC Gamuda KVMRT (T) Sdn. Bhd., a Company jointly formed by the two corporations was appointed by the government of Malaysia as the contractor for the Underground Works Package of the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit Project for a contract price of RM8.28 billion. . It involves design and building of 9.5km MRT underground tunnel and 7 underground stations.
Kuala Lumpur - Southgate, Sungai Besi
- Attend to technical matters concerning plant operations by developing solutions to problems with the application of engineering conceptsm,practices adn techniques.
- Planning of work and recourses with particular reference to work program to ensure timely progress.
- Close coordination with sub contractors, supervisors, surveyors, laboratory personnel and foremen to ensure effective teamwork.
- Provides relevant information and repsorts to Assistant Plant Manager/ Plant Manager regularly.
- To liaise with consultants on the day to day inspection of plants.
- To sort out discrepancies and other detailing problems in the constructions works with the consultants and superior.
- Implements any and all relevant policiesm, procedures and work instructions as so defined in the Company's Quality System and OSHA requirement.
- Prepare daily/weekly and monthly site reports and submit to the planning department.
- Prepare all related documents any commencement of any works at tunnel plants including:-
- a) Method statement.
- b) Material submission in order to get approval from supervising consultant before they can used.
- c) Preliminary drawings/shop drawings before consultant can come out with detailed drawings.
- d) Permit to work by internal parties such as Safety, QAQC and Environmental departments.
- e) Liaise with Design and Technical department in order to get drawings for construction.
- f) Assist and liaise with Approval Department in order to get the all permits to work by local authorities or third parties.
- g) Attend weekly progress meetings and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Engineering (Mechanical), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Junior Executives specializing in Engineering - Others or equivalent. Job role in Others or equivalent.
- 1 Contract position(s) available.