Agrobank the only Malaysian agriculture bank, has been incorporated for more than 40 years. Ever since its corporatization in 2008, Agrobank has been on a fast journey to become a full-fledged Islamic Banking by 2015. At Agrobank, you will face remarkable intellectual challenges and you will be challenged to be at your best.
We always look for dynamic, passionate and aspiring individuals to be part of Agrobankers. If you have these qualities, we would like to meet you.
Unit Head, Industry Specialist
- Analyse various industries within the agriculture sector and provide guidance on the industry outlook for Business Units and Credit Committees.
- Safeguard and preserve the asset quality of the Bank by triggering and highlighting to Management on industries which the risk profile have changed or are showing unfavourable signs of declining.
- Gather agriculture/economic statistics and financial data for use in research. Facts finding, information acquisition and accurate analysis of information from various reliable secondary sources, interviewing internal and external subject matter experts.
- Provide information to Management Credit Committee with appropriate recommendations on certain volatile, sensitive or vulnerable industries when required.
- Alert and prompt the Bank to safeguard our position against any adverse eventualities via an “Industry Alert” bulletin. Provide updates to Business Units so that they are well-informed of various developments and news on industries/economy.
- Develop industry benchmarks for bank wide consumption.
- Dissemination of industry reports produced for usage of credit population bank wide.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business, Agriculture or any related discipline. Master Degree will be an added advantage.
- More than 10 years direct experience in the agriculture industry (crop, fisheries, livestocks).
- Experience in research and preparation of economic industry reports.
- Strong writing and communication skills (English and Bahasa Malaysia).