Assistant Manager - Human Resources
The Assistant Manager - Human Resources is responsible for executing human resource strategies, goals and action plans for the Company. He/she will also lead and manage the Human Resource Department in providing relevant support services to business units and support departments of the Company to meet organizational goals and objectives. He/she works with the HR Specialists in carrying out the duties and support School Divisions in the HR functions where necessary.
Manpower and Staffing
- Coordinate manpower planning with line managers to ensure proper utilization of human resources aimed at achieving organizational effectiveness.
- Responsible for recruitment of qualified and competent personnel to meet the organisation’s business goals and objectives.
- Ensure proper and timely recruitment of qualified and competent staff to fulfill current and projected manpower needs of the organization.
- Ensure efficient administration in the department in relation to staff recruitment, employment, staff movement in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Organize new employee induction programme.
- Ensure proper handling of documentation involving the Ministry, statutory bodies and government departments relating to employment, permits and staff remuneration in accordance with statutory and legislative requirements.
Compensation & Benefits
- Ensure proper administration of monthly payroll and maintenance of the human resource information system (HRIS) so that relevant information is provided to support the planning and organization of new initiatives of the Company.
- Ensure effective management of staff leave and health plan.
- Review and recommend improvements and enhancements to employment policies, practices and staff compensation and benefits (e.g. salary review exercise) to ensure that such policies and practices remain competitive to retain and attract qualified and competent staff.
- Preparation of annual staff budget.
- Ensure proper implementation of staff performance management systems and appraisal process in order to facilitate development programmes on improving staff productivity, staff training, career progression and yearly increment and bonus.
- Conduct corporate training needs analysis, formulate staff development plans and organize development programmes and activities aimed at upgrading competencies of staff and developing staff potential for performance improvement and succession planning to support business plans and organizational development initiatives.
- Analyse and review training activities or programmes and provide relevant reports to the Management for further planning.
- Deal with employee relations, in particular staff discipline and grievances, to support the organisation’s philosophy and culture of striving for excellence.
- Provide guidance and advice to line managers on industrial relations matters.
Liaison with Group HR
- Collate and disseminate policies/projects from Corporate HR to the institution.
- Submissions of reports to Group HR as and when required.
- Strategic planning in human resource development and organizational development initiatives in the Company.
- Provide advisory services and training on human resource management or related areas to line managers and staff where necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Degree with major course work in human resources management, business or a related field (Experience and education may be substituted for one another).
- 5-7 years of working experience in Human Resources management / administration.
- Knowledge of and exposure to the principles and practices of human resources management.
- Understands Labour Legislations – particularly pertinent and relevant clauses in the Employment Act 1955, Industrial Relations Act 1967, EPF Act, SOCSO Act, HRDF Act and Income Tax Act.
- Ability to use Alesco (Talent2) PAYROLL software and e-Development (ConnerStone) system.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong leadership skills including managing talent of team.
- Strategic thinker with business consultative approach.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, metrics and trends.
- Effective presentation and communication skills. Proficient command of the English Language and Bahasa Malaysia is crucial.
- Record maintenance skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- People-oriented, sensitive to and respect others.
- A team player.
- Preference will be given to those who can start work immediately.
Successful candidate can expects an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the qualification and working experience, 5 working days and a conducive working environment.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send in a detail resume, contact telephone number, a passport size photo, current and expected salary, names, address and e-mail contacts of at least 2 referees to email@example.com statisticswith the subject – “Assistant Manager - Human Resources”
Closing Date: 30th April 2013
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)