Head of Finance & Admin
The Head of Finance & Admin is responsible for the strategic and operational management of the finance and administration aspects of the school. The role is responsible for the line-management of non-academic head of departments and overall responsibility for non-academic functions. The finance component consists of the managing of the accounting and financial operations, including budgeting, for the school; providing financial analysis and advice to the Principal. The administration component consists of overseeing Purchasing, Human Resources, Admissions & Student Services and management of the school facilities and site.
Administration and Operations and Facilities
- Provide necessary administrative support for the smooth running of the school by the school administration office.
- Ensure that appropriate resources are purchased and delivered in a timely manner for the whole school and inventory process is in place for the tracking of school assets.
- Lead the effective management of the operations (bussing, security, cafeteria etc) and facilities (general maintenance of buildings and equipments, housekeeping, gardening, etc) of the school.
- Have responsibility to ensure all licenses and legal obligations of the school are met.
- Participate in the development of systems and processes that ensure the health and safety requirements of the school.
- Oversee the human resources department in the HR functions of the school and be responsible for compliance to HR practices with policies procedures and guidelines of the school, Taylor’s group and other regulatory authorities’ (immigration).
- Oversee school admissions department that comes directly under the Sr. Admissions Executive in ensuring timely, appropriate and adequate service support in the handling of all enquiries, application and enrolment of learners in the school.
Oversee the finance department that comes directly under the accountant in ensuring adherence to the following areas:
- Billings, receivables and payables, school fee policies, management of funds, reporting of financial statements, budget, financial forecast, statutory requirements, financial internal control.
- Accounting practices consistent with policies procedures and guidelines of the school, Taylor’s group and other regulatory authorities’ in the daily operations and preparation of accounts.
- Accurate, complete and timely financial and management reporting, including monthly management accounts, balance sheet, etc.
- Manage budget process and consolidation including periodic re-forecasts including all aspects of asset management.
- Review all finance policies and internal control procedures continuously to ensure they are aligned to Group policies and comply with statutory laws and regulations.
- Accounting standards, policies and manuals in the daily operations and preparation of accounts.
Quality Assurance and school development
- Oversee department heads in strategic planning and ongoing department development.
- Develop and oversee processes within non-academic departments linked with quality assurance.
- Oversee performance management and appraisal processes that links with strategic development in the non-academic areas of school.
- Liaison with Ministry of Education, PJC, other ministries & government bodies – statutory compliance, permits, licenses, fee increase application and activities.
- Oversee planning and implementation of school projects and renovations – eg. boarding house, main library, science labs, play area, school security, classrooms & specialized rooms, admin office and other renovations and fit-out.
- Coordinate and liaise with School Division & Corporate Office on work-related activities and the implementation of admin or school related priorities and projects.
- School's eDP Administration.
- Minimum: Bachelor Degree in Business/Economics/Finance or its equivalent. MBA an advantage
- At least 8-10 years’ of related experience in a managerial role, preferably in an education institution.
- Excellent leadership qualities and problem solving skills essential.
- Strong strategic planning skills and experience preferred.
- Hands on approach to the role, strong work ethic and possess the drive to work in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead by example to promote and develop a strong team.
- Pleasant personality, positive work attitude, action and results oriented.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- High level interpersonal skills, including an ability to interact with a diversity of individuals from both within and outside the school.
- Excellent organisational, project and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks, deal efficiently with conflicting deadlines, prioritise work loads and execute tasks at short notice.
- IT skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word and MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint)
- Well organized and meticulous.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Good command of English. Multilingual is an advantage.
Successful candidate can expects an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the qualification and working experience, 5 working days and a conducive working environment.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send in a detail resume, contact telephone number, a passport size photo, current and expected salary, names, address and e-mail contacts of at least 2 referees to email@example.com with the subject – “Head of Finance & Admin”
Closing Date: 7th May 2013
(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified)