Meet STEC Technology Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of sTec Inc, a publicly-traded US company (NASDAQ-sTec). sTec Inc is a global leader in the design, development, manufacture and marketing of Enterprise SSDs (Solid State Drives). With an impressive track record of profitability over the last 15 years, sTec has established itself as a leader in the evolving SSD technology.
Senior or Staff Engineers - R&D (Firmware)
Penang - Bayan Lepas
- Designing, implementing and integrating critical firmware components for SSD products
- Analyzing and optimizing corresponding product level performance.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and fixing issues discovered by internal test teams or by customer use of the products.
- Representing the team in one or more multi-disciplined engineering core team(s).
- The successful candidate will have a minimum 5 years combination of knowledge and experience as follows:
Bachelor of Science in Electronic/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science (or its equivalent) and 4 years of experience.
Master of Science in Electronic/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science (or its equivalent) and 2 years of experience.
- Proficient in C programming.
- Three years or more embedded firmware experience; including debugging using JTAG based debuggers
- Prior experience on SAS or PCIe protocols, storage systems, flash management systems, or file systems would be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of RISC microprocessors including interrupt handling.
- Demonstrated experience developing software using structured methodologies, including but not limited to: requirements analysis and capture, design documentation, source code management tools and defect tracking tools.
- Strong communication skills and ability to succinctly describe and summarize highly technical firmware and/or system challenges.
- Knowledge of version control tools and bug tracking tools.
- Strong engineering aptitude for electronic/electrical systems.
Interested candidates are invited to email their complete resumes to
STEC Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All applications will be regarded equally and will be kept confidential.