Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering)
The successful applicant is expected to make a significant contribution to the ECE Department’s teaching and research strengths based on his/her expertise. The position involves conducting undergraduate teaching and postgraduate supervision; conducting quality research and attracting competitive research grants; and playing an active role in service and leadership.
The appointee will also be responsible for the organization and delivery of teaching materials and assessment plans; conducting lectures; lab demonstrations and tutorials; coordination and management of units, providing timely feedback to students; academic counseling of students; and participating in staff development activities.
- PhD qualification in Computer System Engineering or a closely related area.
- Demonstrated ability in, or potential for, teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the areas of database systems, computer interface design, microcomputer, embedded software engineering, and embedded system engineering. Teaching duties include delivering lectures, conducting tutorial classes and lab experiments;
- Evidence of quality research output in terms of quality journal and/or conference papers. Demonstrated ability or potential to attract competitive research grants and/or industrial funding. Demonstrated ability or potential to supervise postgraduate (Master by research and PhD) students.
- Industrial experience and significant involvement with industry or professional groups is highly regarded;
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues; willingness to play an active role in service and leadership in the department, school and/or at university level as appropriate to the level of appointment.
- Ability and willingness to participate in interdisciplinary teaching as required by the School.
The appointment will be made at a level appropriate to the successful applicant’s academic qualifications, teaching and learning experience, and verifiable track record in the areas of R&D and industrial collaboration.
To assist the selection committee with the selection process, applicants must address all the criteria listed in the Selection Criteria. Each selection criterion must be addressed separately. Applicants are requested to provide his/her full CV (curriculum vitae), together with evidence of their ability to meet each criterion, using examples of previous experience wherever possible.
Why Join Us?
Malaysia - Sarawak - Curtin University
Min 1 year (Senior Executive)
View Larger Map / Directions
Curtin University Sarawak Malaysia