Sime Darby Management Trainee Programme 2013
The SD MTP is Sime Darby’s premium programme offered to outstanding fresh graduates. It is a six-month comprehensive programme combining classroom trainings, project management, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects, entrepreneurship, rotational assignments across Sime Darby’s business divisions and international exposure at world renowned business schools. Our trainees will be exposed to programmes which will enhance their experience to prepare them for a competitive advantage.
The programme has 4 main components:
- Centralised Training and Classroom Sessions
The classroom session consists of various modules ranging from technical to soft skills
enhancement. These sessions are meant to smoothen the transition process of Management Trainees from an academic environment to a high performance workplace. It also helps them build a strong foundation in managerial practice and introduces them to the corporate culture at Sime Darby that every employee is expected to practise.
- Rotational Assignments at Divisions within Sime Darby
In line with the main objective of the programme, Management Trainees will be exposed to various functions in the various business divisions of Sime Darby. Rotational assignments will provide participants with hands-on experience and will enable them to gain practical knowledge.This will also assist them in adapting to the various workplace cultures.
- International Exposure at World Renowned Business School
Selected Management Trainees will be given the opportunity to attend a programme in a world renowned business-school. With credentials and extensive industry and consulting experience,faculty members invited to the programme will give participants insights into various business and management fields.
- Project Management
Management Trainees will be given projects on real-life business issues guided by an experienced supervisor. These projects will enhance participants’ ability to develop proposals and solutions to business issues within the Sime Darby Group. Projects are meant to help Management Trainees sharpen their business acumen and managerial skills and put teamwork into action.
- Minimum Second Class Upper or a CGPA of 3.5 and above or a distinction of 75% from a reputable and recognised academic institution.
- Possess excellent records of extra-curricular activities (i.e ECA) in leadership roles.
- Records of involvement/volunteer in community services.
- Less than 1 year working experience.
- Has not participated in other similar trainings at other companies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.