The East Coast Economic Region Development Council (ECERDC) is a statutory body established under the East Coast Economic Region Development Council Act 2008, to lead and drive the strategic initiatives within the East Coast Economic Region (ECER).
At the ECERDC, we believe that our natural resources, talents and heritage are strengths that will turn the ECER into a developed region by the year 2020.
Leveraging on these potentials, we have developed a social and economic master plan that will accelerate the growth of the region in a balanced, equitable and sustainable manner.
As we embark on an exciting and enriching phase of implementing the ECER development programmes and key projects, we welcome onboard highly talented and versatile professionals who share a similar vision with us.
A career with the ECERDC is more than a job. We believe on harnessing the potential of our people through continual building of knowledge, skills and partnerships.
Manager, Media Relations
Manager, Media Relations is responsible for strategizing, developing and executing ECERDC’s media related activities in a timely and effective manner, with the aim of creating and enhancing a positive image of ECER amongst the media, public, stakeholders and investors.
The Media Relations Manager is entrusted to communicate key messages on ECER to the target groups through various media platforms such as print, electronic and online, both local and international.
Her/his key tasks include:
•Informing the public of what ECER has to offer in terms of business opportunities, job creation, as well as skills and academic enhancement
• Informing potential investors on what ECER has to offer by highlighting ECER promoted projects and incentive package
• Promoting ECER’s achievements, activities and events of significance and their impact on the stakeholders
• Expanding the general visibility of ECER amongst the media, public, stakeholders and investors, both international and domestic.
I. Media Management
• Planning, implementing and managing ECERDC’s media campaign to ensure optimal publicity on ECER events/projects through various media channels comprising print, electronic and online etc.
• Advising the appointed PR agency on the planning and execution of ECERDC’s media relations activities
• Producing, reviewing, editing and copy-checking all written materials that are to be issued to the media, such as press releases, speeches and fact sheets, among others, to ensure consistent and accurate messages across the board.
• Acting as the key contact point from ECERDC in managing requests for interviews and/or
enquiries from the media/publishing houses, as well as proposal for sponsorship/advertorials in newspapers and magazines
• Organizing and managing press conferences and media briefings for ECERDC.
II. Content Management
• Liaising with the respective division’s/cluster’s heads and officers in obtaining the latest facts and figures on ECER projects and events that will be used in press releases, speeches, fact sheets, etc.
• Assisting Branding & Communications Manager in the production of ECER collaterals (brochures, panels, calendars, print ads, annual report, etc.), particularly on the editorial aspects.
III. Reputation and Crisis Management
• Establishing and maintaining good rapport with the members of media fraternity (journalists,
editors, photographers, television crew, etc.), both local and international, at all times
• Monitoring ECER-related news on a daily basis and compile it for dissemination to the management.
• Managing media queries and preparing media statement(s) as and when required.
IV. Web Management
• Reviewing, editing and copy-checking all written materials that are to be uploaded on ECERDC’s website and online newsletter to ensure quality of the write-ups and content, as well as the website appearance and user-friendliness.
• Ensuring timely and accurate postings of ECER’s latest news, tender notices and special announcements on ECERDC’s website (www.ecerdc.com.my) and any other related materials.
V. Staff and Cost Management
• Guiding and coaching of staff, with the objective of enhancing their work performance
• Negotiating the best deals for ECERDC with regards to media/advertorial sponsorship, contracts with business partners/vendors to ensure optimal cost management for ECERDC
• Identifying and proposing relevant training(s) for subordinates
• Performing other related tasks as required by the superior.
Requirements:All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
1. Possess a Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in Mass Communications/Journalism/Public Relations or any other related discipline from a recognized University.
2. Minimum 8 years working experience in the area of media relations, journalism and/or public relations.
3. Possess strategic and hands-on knowledge on how the media operates and has excellent contacts with the media fraternity.
4. Must possess strong corporate writing and editing skills, in both English and Bahasa Malaysia, and is able to produce high-quality deliverables that are of international standards. Ability to communicate
in other language(s) is a plus.
5. Must have excellent research and communications skills, plus the ability to work well under tight deadlines.