These are just general roles and responsibilities of Quantity Surveyor. Employees are required at times to perform duties which are not included in this job scope.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and project director
in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with clients on an ongoing basis.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the
appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation,
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team,
analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and
devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties
throughout project life cycle.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors,
and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the