PROTON is currently strengthening and expanding its organization. We believe our people are fundamental in achieving our aspirations to be the leading multi-national automotive group.
PROTON is continuously enhancing efforts to grow our business internationally driving our competitive strengths to deliver customer needs. We are on the lookout for passionate, dedicated and innovative talents with the right attitude to support our aspirations and together pushing boundaries to achieve greater success.
Head of Production Engineering – Body
- Analysis for manufacturing preparation strategy in order to achieve most efficient manufacturing and assembly method by adopting new manufacturing techniques & methodologies, materials and DFM/DFA approach
- To plan, strategize and effectively execute the strategic project and supporting projects based on annual business plan against master plan and investment
- To monitor, control and review all Body Assembly Engineering related activity against the project parameter and adherence to the NP1 gateways
- To engage simultaneous engineering works to support engineering design (Body Assembly Engineering related activity} in providing feedback or implication on meeting design for manufacturing (DFM) requirement
- Conducting correlation exercise to improve manufacturing preparation by working closely with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Planning, Quality Control, R&D, GP and Suppliers
- To strategize and plan for the plant capacity upgrading and improvement initiatives in supporting LRVP (Long Range Volume Plan) and spare parts requirements
- Fast response to demand on improving production line design and process improvement to facilitate production, suppliers/vendors and end-customer quality investigation
- Response to the demand of the customer for the efficient and competitive manufacturing cost
- To explore new techniques in manufacturing approach, to study competitors' approaches on planning and to implement best-practice in manufacturing system in order to improve productivity and manufacturing efficiency and cost competitiveness
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial/Automotive Engineering or similar discipline or equivalent experience. Post graduate qualification is an advantage
- Minimum 15 to 20 years' experience, preferably in the automotive, manufacturing and engineering industries
- Knowledgeable in Automotive Industries; focused at Project Management which related automotive manufacturing
- Excellent project planning and management skills in roles with extensive people interface
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to lead
- Competent in the manufacturing process plan, factory layout and logistics
- Ability to network across a variety of functions at various levels and companies
Interested candidates, please submit a comprehensive resume providing details on past achievements, aspirations and extra curriculum activities and a recent passport sized photograph to:
Head of Resourcing
Group Human Resources
PROTON Holdings Berhad
Hicom Industrial Estate, Batu 3
P.O Box 7100, 40918 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Website : www.proton.com/careers
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.