We recognise that the single most important force in our organisation are our employees. Thanks to them, Maybank has now grown from domestic leadership to a strong regional presence. As we expand our already vast international network, we rely more than ever on the talent and energy of our employees.
As part of our expansion plan, we invite ambitious, open-minded and driven individuals to fill the following position:
Vendor Management Specialist, IT TRANSFORMATION.
- Facilitating contract drafting and review.
- Ensuring that the vendor and contract management processes are in compliance with regulatory norms, and also ensuring audit readiness.
- Managing and monitoring contract arrangements, while liaising with contracted vendors to ensure that they are aligned to the programme release schedule.
- Developing and maintaining formal documented vendor management strategy and processes, using market and competitive data.
- Working across teams to ensure business requirements are met, providing the most beneficial total cost of ownership.
- Negotiating price, payment terms, and other delivery-related terms with selected vendors using applicable negotiation strategies to achieve results.
- Establishing, monitoring KPIs and managing performance throughout the duration of the vendors’ agreement including vendor quality programs and continuous improvement processes.
- Managing and maintaining the strategic vendor relationships.
- Communicating vendors’ performance to Management and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Providing supplier insight from previous transactions (if a supplier is a repeat provider). This involves the maintenance, analysis and regular update of supplier database
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Vendor Management Lead – to communicate vendors’ performance and discuss disputes and requirements.
- Vendors and suppliers – to pro-actively monitor vendor delivery performance and ensure meeting cost targets. This includes negotiation of delivery-related terms, using applicable negotiation strategies to achieve results.
- Other Delivery Planning team members – to work across various functional teams to ensure business requirements are met, with beneficial total cost of ownership.
- Other relevant Sectors and IT teams, as and when required.
- IT Procurement and sourcing management - Good understanding of the procurement industry and supplier base for IT consultants, hardware, software and telecommunication.
- Good vendor management skills - Capable of managing vendor relationships, identify gaps and facilitate remediation. Practical understanding of applying formal procurement/sourcing/vendor management methodologies and frameworks.
- Good project management skills - Able to apply project time, cost, quality, risk and integration processes to Procurement related activities.
- Communications skills - Excellent spoken, written and verbal communication in English.
- Good problem solving skills – the ability to speedily identify and resolve problems and issues as they arise, within the tight delivery timeframes.
- Good relationship management skills with all relevant parties and provides feedback to the Vendor Management team, and relevant managers.
- Computer literacy – Candidate is familiar with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio and Project).
Those interested are invited to apply online by 03 May 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.