Jabil Circuit is a global leader in the Electronic Manufacturing Services industry, offering innovative
services and solutions to world leading electronics companies. For nearly four decades, Jabil is one of only 15 Fortune 500 companies growing revenue, operating income and earnings per share at a compound annual growth rate of over 25 percent over the past 10 years. The company's superior operational and financial results flow from an unwavering focus on customer satisfaction and operational execution.
One World. Your Career.
At Jabil, success begins with the contribution of each individual employee. Every employee has the opportunity to make the maximum impact each day - and that makes Jabil a great place to work. Opportunities span every aspect of our business with locations across Asia and in major world markets; Jabil offer employees growth without borders.
Opportunity awaits you now at our Bayan Lepas, Penang facility. (Main Plant - Sg. Hilir Keluang - Phase 4)
.NET WEB DEVELOPER
Penang - Bayan Lepas
Jabil is looking for an experienced web developer who is proficient in the latest Microsoft .Net technologies to help us develop the applications that will empower our global manufacturing operations with state of the art capabilities.
The candidate for this position will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing web platforms for our global operations. The candidate should be very well versed on software development technologies with an emphasis on web development, relational database design, and WCF services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ability to independently design and develop comprehensive utilities, classes, modules and applications which may integrate with multiple systems.
• Create software applications that will involve multiple, complex screens, interfaces, tables and outputs.
• Understanding of complex table joins and advanced programming concepts.
• Possess advanced database design skills and understanding of object-oriented design.
• Interact with the technical leads on your team to collaborate and establish a common direction on technology platforms at the beginning of new projects.
• Ability to work and share knowledge in a team environment. This team will include Data and Software Architects, Systems Analysts, Functional and Technical Leads. Your interaction could be in a team setting or it could be in a one-on-one setting as well. The interactions could be voice only or part of a video conferencing setup.
• Provide technical advice, design reviews, code reviews and assistance to other programmers. It is possible that some of your peers would be located in other world-wide Jabil locations.
• Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area. Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules. Depending on the type of team you are on this could be in the form of daily team “standups” that are of a very short duration.
• Participate on non-traditional development teams (i.e., Agile Development teams, Extreme Programming teams, etc.)
• Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
• Work with those responsible, which could be the end-user or customer to resolve questions of program intent, input data acquisition, and output requirements
• Organize verbal and written ideas clearly, use appropriate business style.
• Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
• Comply with all procedures within the company security policy.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent external work experience or equivalent formal training in related duties. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• 2 full time positions available.