HP is a leading global provider of products, technologies, solutions and services to consumers and business. The company's offerings span IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices, global services, and imaging and printing. Our $4 billion annual R&D investment fuels the invention of products, solutions and new technologies so we can better serve customers and enter new markets. We invent, engineer and deliver technology solutions that drive business value, create social value and improve the lives of our customers.
Senior Network Engineer
Selangor (Malaysia) - Selangor
- Responsible for 3rd level Incident Management Services provided remotely
- Build strong working relationship with Technical Supervisor, Customer Service Lead and tower support and technology teams
- Good awareness and in-depth knowledge of customers' business environment and support processes
- Complying with the ITSM & SLA standards by observing the Incident Management lifecycle processes
- Be proactive to anticipate issues or situations which impact service availability and critical response time, and take necessary mitigation steps escalating to management's attention, where appropriate
- Support and update documentation libraries for responsible areas, ensuring compliance with internal standards
- Contribute in quality and productivity improvement projects, providing analysis of data
- Ensure the following of processes and best practices as outlined by management
- Provide technical consultation as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to Shift Manager and Customer Service Lead during escalations
- Develop training materials and conduct technical training
- Follow training plans, requirements and schedules as outlined by management
- Case Management. Ensure all cases are acted upon conscientiously and in the framework expected according to the SLA
- Provide clear and unambiguous communication within Incident Management case tools with frequent and timely updates
- Chase any outstanding teams for case updates as appropriate, whether internal or external, ensuring that cases are resolved in a timely manner and do not breach SLA, else when required escalate to Customer Service Lead
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Formal IT qualification - Cisco Certified Network Associate, CCNA and CCNP is a MUST or any Certification of equivalent level.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting & resolving WAN, LAN, DNS, Caching and Network Security Issues, Wireless LAN (good to have).
- Knowledge on implementing MPLS network protocol is an essential
- Experienced in administering large-scale and complex WAN network, transmission and routing protocol. (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VOIP, ATM, VPN, POS, SONET, Frame-Relay, QoS)
- Experienced in administering TCP/IP LANs. (VLAN routing, VTP, Spanning Tree).
- Experienced in diagnosing network problems and maintaining network security.
- Good knowledge in encryption and Virtual Private Network (IKE, FWZ, DES, 3DES, PKI, etc) will be a plus.
- Has experience working with Cisco Devices. (2600, 3600, 3700, 7200, 7600 routers; 2900, 3500, 6500, 8500 catalyst switches)
- Knowledge of HP Procurve switches will be a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years experience within Network Operation Center.
- Minimum of 3 years technical knowledge of remote troubleshooting of complex networking infrastructure.
- Familiar with ITSM\ITIL processes.
- Those without Cisco certification but have relevant practical experienced is encourage to apply.
- Working location: Cyberjaya, Selangor