Located in Johor, the southern gateway to Malaysia, the Iskandar Development Region is poised to become Asia's most exciting regional metropolis. The Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) has been entrusted to realise this vision of developing a vibrant new City in the heart of South East Asia.
Such an endeavor will require the talents of the regions best in the area of planning, implementation, coordination, control, management, finance and promotion to ensure the success of the Iskandar Development Region. Work with others who share your same enthusiasm for excellence, new challenges and innovation.
IRDA offers a unique opportunity to be part of a special team that will work towards bringing the vision of a thriving new Asian metropolis which integrates the elements of industry, commerce, lifestyle and entertainment
Vice President of Media Relation
- Work closely with the Head, Strategic Communications to develop story concepts and writes compelling press releases, public service announcements and media advisories to place in local, regional and national news media; plans and executes publicity program.
- Works extensively with other departments within IRDA to garner newsworthy public relations stories; cultivates as sources for news and feature stories.
- Works extensively with strategic partners of ISKANDAR MALAYSIA to garner newsworthy public relations stories; cultivates as sources for news and feature stories.
- Communicate promptly and effectively to requests for response, research, quotes, photos, interviews and information from media contacts; gathers answers through communication with colleagues, usage of historical/archival material, or outside sources.
- Leading on setting and maintaining professional standards in the press office, ensuring that all material is produced to the highest editorial and journalistic standards. Research and write briefing material, press releases and articles for internal and external use for news media, advertorial, supplements; ensures photographic coverage for publicity and publications
- Collect, compile and maintain media clip archive; responsible for monitoring all press clippings and information sources for ISKANDAR MALAYSIA-related stories.
- Collect, compile and maintain media contacts list/database for the purpose of engaging, building and managing strategic relationships with key media houses for the purpose of coordinating, supporting and promoting Iskandar Malaysia.
- Devising and developing effective strategies to address live and potential issues which may impact on the organizations image in the short, medium and longer-term. Proactively monitoring activities and situations so as to detect issues before they emerge, particularly those issues which could impact negatively on the business reputation and standing both externally and with internal business audiences. Devise appropriate plans and strategies to address these effectively.
- Accountable for the provision of professional guidance and support to colleagues and the team of publicity officers
- Lead the media relations activity annual planning and budgeting and operates within approved budget
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or recognized professional qualification in public relations / communications, journalism, English or related disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in any one of the related sectors or equivalent, with at least 5 years in managing the media.
- Must have experience of proactive and reactive media relations and crisis management.
- Track record and demonstrable experience in media relations together with strong media contacts.
- Communication - excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to get message across by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and nature of information. Ability to deal with a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy.
- Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change.
- Planning and organization - able to think ahead in order to establish and efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritizes and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources. Ability to quickly assimilate complex information and take independent action where necessary.
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
- Resilience - strong ability to work with ambiguity and constantly changing set of circumstances and issues. Manages personal effectiveness by managing emotions and sustaining performance in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy.
Come join us and embark on an exciting career with us to oversee the success of Southern Peninsular Malaysia's most developed region.
You are invited to send your application online