VeriFone is a global leader in secure electronic payment technologies.
Across the globe, VeriFone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at VeriFone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It’s this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
With more than 40 offices around the world, VeriFone offers a wide variety of local opportunities to fit your career goals. We provide competitive compensation and benefits packages throughout our locations along with a culture rich with advancement and career development opportunities.
We encourage you to learn more about working at VeriFone, and why every day is an exciting challenge.
Software Design Engineer
Selangor - Petaling Jaya
The successful candidate will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing and testing internal/external facing applications for VeriFone devices. The individual must be self-driven and self-managed with the ability to operate effectively with minimum oversight through collaboration and feedback from business will be the essential drivers in the direction of the product. Candidate needs to be experienced developing in Objective-C, able to solve complex problems, and be prepared to work on the cutting edge of technology.
• Develops and modifies software using C, C++ and occasionally assembly languages
• Develops middleware components and interfaces from requirements documentation
• Researches problems, identifies the source and takes corrective action
• Identifies errors in specifications and shortcomings in software requirement statements
• Writes and uses unit test applications to validate newly developed code
• Completes assignments within established time schedules
• Follows established coding standards
• Provides status reports on assignments
• Documents new features, designs, use cases, test requirements
• Participates in technical project meetings on assigned software development tasks
• Communicates well both verbally and in writing
• Required to work with product test team to resolve software defects
Knowledge & Experience:
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience developing and delivering high quality software product
• 5+ years of embedded software development (Senior Software Engineer)
Additional Skills & Abilities
• Software development in the Point-of-Sale (POS) industry
• Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) experience/Cryptography software development
• General device driver knowledge in the following areas:
Ethernet, LCD, USB Client, USB Host, flash memory file system, GPRS/GSM, RFID,
Magnetic Strip, EuroPay-MasterCard- Visa (EMV) Smart Card, and Bluetooth
• 32-bit microprocessor programming: ARM9 family
• Experience with Subversion version control software