PropertyGuru.com.my, part of PropertyGuru - Asia’s leading property portal group, is urgently looking for an ambitious junior journalist to be based from its Penang office. The successful candidate will report to the Malaysia Editor and be part of a growing team of regional editors and journalist. They can expect to attend assignments throughout Northern Malaysia and possibly further afield.
Penang - Georgetown
The successful candidate can expect to … :
• … write news stories and news features for publication on PropertyGuru.com.my, and on other regional websites.
• … conduct background research, attend interviews and press conferences, and actively contribute to editorial discussions.
• … monitor external news sources and react to breaking news.
• … edit, or assist with the editing of contributed stories and columns.
• … assist with the production of advertorial content.
• … work closely with an expanding team of regional editors and reporters throughout Southeast Asia.
The successful candidate will have … :
• … the ability to shape the property and real estate news agenda in Northern Malaysia.
• … excellent English language news writing skills.
• … a passion for journalism.
• … to handle daily and weekly deadlines.
• … a can-do attitude, and be a team player.
• … a Diploma or Degree in mass communications / media studies and, ideally, at least one years’ experience as a journalist. Candidates with previous property and/or business media experience will have a distinct advantage
A competitive salary commensurate with experience is on offer, along with the opportunity to further your journalism career with Asia’s leading property portal group.
PropertyGuru.com.my is always looking for experienced writers and/or freelance contributors. If this job isn’t for you but you would like to be considered for future roles, please send you resume.