MEPS Currency’s main function is banknotes processing where used banknotes from Bank Negara Malaysia are collected for sorting and redistribution.
The process begins when banknotes are retrieved from automated vaults and fed into high-speed currency processing machines. These machines validate the banknotes’ denomination, test for fitness and automatically bundle fit banknotes into packages. The fit banknotes eventually make their way back into circulation when banks order currency from Bank Negara Malaysia.
Banknotes that are suspected counterfeits, wrongly denominated and are non-machine readable are separated and destroyed.
MEPS Currency processes 6.5 million banknotes of various denominations in a business day.
We invite dynamic and aspiring candidates to join the MEPS team that strives for quality, excellence and team work to fill the following vacancy in our organisation:-
Johor Bahru (Johor), Shah Alam / Subang (Selangor), Kuala Terengganu (Terengganu)
- The incumbent is responsible for the continuous maintenance and repair of the Currency Processing System (CPS) machines and other supporting machines and equipments; ensuring excellent machine performance while providing good quality services.
- Degree in Electronic/Electrical/Mechatronic Engineering; with 1 year working experience in Electronic or Mechatronic Industries; OR
- Diploma in Electronic/Electrical/Mechatronic Engineering; with 3 -5 years working experience in Semi-Conductor Industries preferably in Final Test or 1 year working experience in maintaining De La Rue High Speed Currency Processing machines.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:-
- Willing to work on 24 hrs. shift and long hours;
- Able to multi-task under minimal supervision and maintain good performance under heavy pressure.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online or send in their details resume stating qualifications, career history, present and expected salaries and contact telephone number, together with a recent passport-sized photograph.
Human Resource & Admin. Department
MEPS Currency Management Sdn Bhd (159193-A)
Bangunan Bank Negara, Persiaran Tasik
40000 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan