Advertised: 03-02-10 | Closing Date: 04-03-10
For more than four decades, the name of Nam Cheong Dockyard has been synonymous with excellence in shipbuilding. Time-proven commitment to high quality, total reliability, timely deliverance, and expert project management ensures that our customers keep coming back. Our decades of experience in shipbuilding and ship repair of steel hull vessels with classification of ABS, BV, LR, NKK and KM had made us the No.1 Offshore Support Vessel Builder in Malaysia.
With a shipyard at Kuala Baram spanning over 30 acres, including a machinery workshop [90m x 31m], two fabrication workshops with automated CAD/CAM [110m x 30m], 4 units of launching ways and crane capacity ranging from 25 to 250 tonnes, Nam Cheong is capable of producing 8 offshore support vessels a year.
40 years onwards, together with our motto of “Quality, Reliability, Delivery”, this precious legacy had grown from strength to strength, consistently evolving throughout the changing times to retain our firm tradition and impeccable commitment towards building world-class vessels for both Malaysia and the world.
(Sarawak - Kuala Baram Miri)
- Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products.
- Perform inspection & test as per the sampling procedures, forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation of construction materials.
- Implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material, and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
- Provides input to computerized status report describing progress and concerns related to inspection activities, nonconforming items, and/or other items related to the quality of the process, material, or product.
- Interfaces with procurement, engineering, manufacturing, customer, or vendors to coordinate and resolve quality-related problems.
- Application and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes.
- Degree or Diploma in related discipline(s) (Marine/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic/Naval Architecture) preferable with 3 to 4 years experience in shipbuilding of offshore supply vessels;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or 3-D Model (Engineering software application);
- Knowledge of shipboard machineries/equipment/piping/structural/electronic & electrical design with working experience in the marine environment.
- 3 Full-Time positions available. (Specialised in Piping, Electrical & Painting)